Playing in College
The following resources are meant to provide athletes with the tools they need to start the process of playing in college.
- Tips on Playing Water Polo in College- This handout was made for athletes that want to play water polo in college but dont know where to begin (This handout is really only 2 pages long. Please do not read all 100)
- Considering College Water Polo- This is a great article from USA Water Polo explaining some of the key points in the recruitment process.
- College Coaches Contact Information- This is a list of the current Collegiate Water Polo Programs and their head coaches. Feel free to shoot an email to these coaches and introduce yourself.
- Junior College Website- Here is the California Community College website (more commonly referred to as Junior Colleges or JCs). Many of them have teams that you can play on for 2 years before moving on to a 4 year University
- CWPA Website- Here is the link to the Collegiate Water Polo Association (CWPA). The CWPA oversees all club teams all over the nation.
- NCAA Eligibility Center- If you plan on attending a Division I or II school, you must be certified through this program. Click this link for more information.